[Qgis-user] Wrong retrieving of wms legend

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 07:08:43 PDT 2016

Hi Richard.
Effectivelly I tested your wms and using it the legend is correctly
retrieved only for the layer choose.
I use qgis 2.16.1.
After I re-test my original url:
(this)
http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wmsraster/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=wmsofc

And again I see the qgis retrieve ALL the legend of all the layers.
I tested other wms of our set of wms service and seem only this has
that problem.

So I do some more proof tested.

And found where is the ISSUE.
QGIS wrong to get the legend when the layer wms requested HAS NOT A LEGEND.
Infact the issu happened when I ask any layer of our wms that is a
RASTER LAYER with no legend defined.
Instead not happened when the layer wms is of a vector dataset (where
the legend happened).

SO If you whould test and see the issue you should use our wms service:
http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wmsraster/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=wmsofc

and choose the layer
rt_ofc.1954

that return the orthophoto imagery of the year 1954.
With this layer the qgis will retrieve ALL the legends of the wms service.

Instead if you choose the layer
rt_ofc.1954.qu
that is a vector dataset (quadre of union)
qgis correctly retrieve only its own legend.

Please can you confirm this ?

Thx

A.