[Qgis-user] 2 Spatialite questions

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 08:22:57 PDT 2016

Hey Tyler,

SQLite is the database, where Spatialite is an extension for SQLite that
gives the database spatial capability.

Like storing geometries and performing functions on them like intersect,
union, etc.

The SQLite version is telling you its 3.14.1, whereas the Spatialite
extension will have it's own version.
When you access that spatialite database from something like DBManager,
it might tell you both versions in there.

Donovan

On 12/09/16 06:46 AM, Tyler Veinot wrote:
> Hi;
> Just getting into QGIS and Spatialite and have 2 questions;
> 1. SQLite and Spatialite are the same right?
> 2. When I create a Spatialite DB in QGIS Browser it creates a 3.14.1
> version, shouldn't it be a 4.x.x version?
> Tyler

Kind regards,

Donovan