[Qgis-user] Profile section digitising

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:30:46 PDT 2016

Le lundi 19 septembre 2016 à 19:44 +0200, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> Il 19/09/2016 14:37, Régis Haubourg ha scritto:
>

> > We think that we could head toward something in core in 3.0 for handling
> > z data, and merge raster samping over section lines, compared with 3D
> > values stored in vertex.
> > That would also be something really inline with multimap canvas proposal.
> >
> > You can check public plugin prototype by vincent Mora
> > here: https://github.com/vmora/qgis_section
> Thanks for the news. Are you also planning to add support for 3D on
> screen measurements (i.e. an extension of the current ruler, taking into
> account total distance considering DTM slope)?
> All the best.

Hi Paolo,
this is not yet in what we had in mind.
Thinking of it, it is more a new feature of the "section" canvas than an extension of the measure tool we have today. There
can be several vertical references (many raster, 3D vectors..) available, so I think it would be easier to read as a display
of a "section" where it would be possible to display in the same place many profile lines, and 3D sections of datas (think
for instance of geological layers). Why not let it be a dynamic attribute so that we could identify, style and label it as in
any map?
I put that good idea into the wish list.
Cheers
Régis

regis.haubourg at oslandia.com