[Qgis-user] Installation error

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Apr 1 02:54:23 PDT 2017

On 01-04-17 10:05, 김군소 wrote:
> Dear lists,
>
> I have just installed QGIS but encountered a problem shown as below.
> Could someone please help?
>
> "UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 9-11: ordinal not in range(128)"
>
> followed by bunch of files listed.

Hi Alex,

this is a typical Python unicode issue. Which affects people using non
western character sets...  (and probably will not show up when installed
on english/western computers).

So please:
- sent us either a screendump of the full error
- or try to copy the list of files shown there

as that will reveal which python file exactly is misbehaving.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde