[Qgis-user] QGIS Server Process Crash

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 15:48:41 PDT 2017

On 3 April 2017 at 08:29, Simon Greener <simon at spatialdbadvisor.com> wrote:
> The installation can only be on Microsoft Windows Server.
>
> AFAIK it is a supported platform.

Unfortunately, while it may be "supported" platform, it's not *well*
supported. There's severe known issues running server under Windows
which have been unaddressed for a long time, eg
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13293.

I'm personally not aware of anyone using QGIS server under Windows in
a production environment.

> The supplied information is all that we can find that describes the error.
>
> The Apache and QGIS error logs show nothing before the process crash.
>
> The QGIS Projects are all OK when they are used in QGIS Desktop: no crash
> occurs.
>
> The crashing has consistently occurred in both 2.14 LTR 32bit and 2.18.4
> 64bit.
> The crashing has stopped the application from going live.
>
> If anyone can point to some "standard" settings or things that need to be
> checked, please supply.

My suggestion - either Alessandro or the team at Oslandia are the most
knowledgeable about QGIS server setup and operation. I'd engage them
for this project and sponsor fixes through them for any blocking
blocking bugs in the QGIS server operation on Windows.

Nyall