[Qgis-user] Nagging error when clipping with mask

Luciano La Sala lucianolasala at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Apr 8 09:24:54 PDT 2017

Dear friends,

I am using QGIS 2.18.4 Las Palmas on Windows 10 (32 bits).
I need to clip raster (TIF) 1 km resolution imagery files downloaded
from MODIS (http://worldgrids.org/doku.php/wiki:layers#modis_products)
using a shapefile mask of Argentina. To achieve my goal, I tried to use
the Clipper tool in the GDAL plugin. After doing Raster >> Extraction >>
Clipper >> Clipping mode: mask layer, I get the following error message:

"Output driver `AAIGrid' not recognised or does not support
direct output file creation. The following format drivers are configured
and support direct output: ... " followed by a list of 45 supported
outputs.

After a thorough online search of related problems and potential
solutions, I think I have exhausted all possibilities. No matter what I
do, I keep getting this anoying message. Could someone point me in the
right direction please?

Thank you so much.

Luciano

--
Dr. Luciano F. La Sala
Departamento de Biología, Bioquímica y Farmacia

---