[Qgis-user] Unique IDs in a PostGIS view

Karl Magnus Jönsson Karl-Magnus.Jonsson at kristianstad.se
Wed Apr 12 06:33:26 PDT 2017

Good! And good to know.

Karl-Magnus

Från: Árni Geirsson [mailto:arni at alta.is]
Skickat: den 12 april 2017 15:19
Till: Steve Toutant
Kopia: Karl Magnus Jönsson; qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Ämne: Re: [Qgis-user] Unique IDs in a PostGIS view

I left the over clause empty. Based on your suggestion, I tried the following:

SELECT row_number() over (
                      order by
                                            fillline_a.id<http://fillline_a.id>,
                                            (st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).path,
                                            st_x((st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).geom),
                                            st_y((st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).geom)
                      ) as id,
(fillline_a.z)::real AS z,
(st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).path[1] as p,
st_x((st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).geom) as x,
st_y((st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).geom) as y,
((st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).geom)::geometry(Point,3057) AS geom
FROM v0103.fillline_a

The problem here is that everything in the over clause remains constant for each line and therefore the row_number is not incremented for each point. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Anyway, I wonder if it should count as a bug in QGIS that I can use the nextval() method to see the correctly constructed view when listed as a table in DB Manager but not on the map canvas. Anyway, I found a simple way around the numbering problem:

with t as (
select  z, (st_dumppoints(fillline_a.geom)).geom from v0103.fillline_a)
select row_number() over () as id, z, geom from t

Problem solved :)
Thanks for the input.

Árni

Árni Geirsson
Alta ehf // +354 582 5000 // +354 897 9549