[Qgis-user] QGIS to manage cadastre

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 06:31:51 PDT 2017

Hi all,

This plugin has been deveopped to work only in the french context. This is
why the documentation is in French. Our tax administration in France
provides cadastral data in 2 formats
* MAJIC : non-spatial data (positional text files which format can change
each year) about plot owners and descriptions (mainly to apply taxes, but
some can be interesting) This is a VERY private data, accessible only to
local authorities (or with formal contract between these authorities and
other companies
* EDIGEO : geographic data. This format is readable by ogr2ogr. This is a
set of text files with complex rules and relations (basically you have a
real topologic data separated into different files). Non private, but you
need to pay for it. It contains mainly borders for cities, plots, address
numbers, etc.

I think it would be cumbersome to use this really frenchy formats to manage
cadastral data in other situations. Basically, if our authorities would
have give us the data in simple, easy to use, modern formats such as
geopackage, csv, geojson, this plugin would not be necessary at all. You
can manage your data the normal way, playing with QGIS possibiities :
relations, forms, etc.

regads
Michaƫl