[Qgis-user] QGIS doesn’t search for shp vector layers

Sarah thora.wilde at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 21:05:34 PST 2017

In the past, when I went to open a vector layer, QGISautomatically found shape files. Then I changed the option to MapInfo to opensome MapInfo files. Now the browse dialogue doesn’t give me an option to find .shpfiles. If I navigate to a folder including shape files, the open vector browse boxshows it as empty. I can manually find the shape files by typing *.shp into thedialogue box (open vector\browse) and then it shows them, but next time I go toopen another vector layer it reverts to the last file format I set (MapInfo)and I have to keep typing in *.shp to get it to hunt for shape files. Thedialogue box doesn’t have an option to search for all file formats nor anoption to go back to searching for ESRI shape files. How can I make it go backto the default behaviour where it automatically found .shp files without mehaving to type in *.shp every time I want to find a shape file? I am using QGIS2.18.2.