[Qgis-user] QGIS ignore the cpg files when loading shapefiles ?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Dec 29 05:42:28 PST 2017

Am Fr, 29.12.2017, 13:58 schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde:

> I think we should try to define this clearly:
> - should we define it a project or a application
> (?? is one server one application??) setting
> - where does the 'settings' come from for a freshly started qgisserver.
> (as normally you do not use the same server machine on which you run
> desktop)

I can't answer on qgisserver, but this setting for QGIS2 was one of
the most problematic ones, I had to deal with. I don't know if the
default switches in the past, but often the CPG was ignored on
shapefiles. When exporting the data into a new shapefile, messed the
content up pretty often.

I think, most English aren't aware of this problem, since their chars
are covered by almost all charsets. I'm German and we're using umlauts
and ligatures (like äöüß). The incorrect parsing of the charset always
makes trouble here :(