[Qgis-user] qgis 2.18.3 not installing on win 10

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Feb 27 04:45:32 PST 2017

Am 26.02.2017 um 23:01 schrieb Michael.Dodd:
> I tried uninstalling and installing again using the stand alone installer.  This gave the same error so I uninstalled it.
>

> Then I tried the OSGEO4W installer but it did not install exactly where I asked it to, instead it made its own directory on Y (Y:\osgeo_download). It did start up once but after that it failed to start and instead gave the same error about missing .dll's even though they were present.  I think I had a problem similar to this several qgis versions ago but it was then resolved, now the issue seems to be back.
>

> This is the \QGIS 2.18\bin\qgis.bat file:
>

> @echo off
> call "%~dp0\o4w_env.bat"
> @echo off
> path %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qgis\bin;%PATH%
> set QGIS_PREFIX_PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT:\=/%/apps/qgis
> set GDAL_FILENAME_IS_UTF8=YES
> rem Set VSI cache to be used as buffer, see #6448
> set VSI_CACHE=TRUE
> set VSI_CACHE_SIZE=1000000
> set QT_PLUGIN_PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qgis\qtplugins;%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qt4\plugins
> start "QGIS" /B "%OSGEO4W_ROOT%"\bin\qgis-bin.exe %*
>
> and this is the directory where the relevant .dll's are Y:\osgeo_download\apps\qgis\bin
> but it says they are missing even though they are present in this directory.

Try to exchange every %OSGEO4W_ROOT% with Y:\osgeo_download, in the
o4w_env.bat file as well. QGIS_PREFIX_PATH should be set to
Y:\osgeo_download\apps\qgis

BTW if you have the QGIS shortcuts in the start menu, you can open the
QGIS folder in the start menu with rightclick -> open, and copy the
shortcuts from there to your desktop.

HTH,
André Joost