[Qgis-user] My first weekend with QGIS (UI)

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 02:10:40 PST 2017

Hi John, and many thanks for your constructive approach, that is so
valuable.

> > * Plugins > Manage and Install: the one plugin I looked at was the
> > >   "eastcustomlabeling" plugin. But when I followed the links to it
> > >   from the Plugins dialog, I get 404 Not Found.
> > >   http://hub.qgis.org/projects/easycustomlabeling
> > >   Not sure if this is a larger issue or just this plugin?
> >

> > Plugin author issue to update links to their plugin homepage.
> Presumably the hub.qgis.org URL was correct at one time.
> Seems like there should have been a redirect...

I am the author and I just published a 1.3.5 version with updated
repository. In fact it was a very old fix, that I forgot to release in a
new version, thanks for raising the issue.

I also funded the QEP (aka "design proposal" or "Request for Comments")
about porting labeling callouts, and much more features to qgis core.
I'm currently try to see if my previous employer is still ready to fund
that for qgis 3.
Fingers crossed, but if anyone else is willing to have that natively,
fundings are welcome.
Régis