[Qgis-user] Legend block behaviour in composer

Laurence Béchet bechet.laurence at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 15:25:56 PST 2017

Hi,

I have several blocks of legend in my composer that I group together to
have a final nice display:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92195218/legend.jpg

To do so I have to stretch each block so that the final version looks
like one single block and not several blocks put together:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92195218/legendORG.jpg

A very annoying thing is that each time I refresh the composer, my
legends get refreshed to their original rectangle and I have to reshape
everything ... I thought that if I locked the blocks they would not get
refreshed - but they do. I also tried to group them, but again they get
refreshed. Is there a way to keep the final shape?

Also it took me a while to discover that to pick up several blocks one
by one you need to use the shift key and not the control key (as in most
software). Is it normal or is it something I can configure somewhere?

My config: windows 8.1 pro 64 bits and qgis 2.18.3 and QGIS version
2.19.0 code revision 1d80925

Kind regards
Laurence Bechet
ARK IN THE PARK Volunteer Co-Ordinator