[Qgis-user] SAGA missing from the processing toolbox?

Laurence Béchet bechet.laurence at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:03:15 PDT 2017

Thanks Micha. Well, now I'm getting completely confused. And that tool
under raster is probably not what I'm looking for.

I have a shapefile of points. One of the fields is the record of
poisoned bait eaten by the pests we are controlling. While it is easy to
represent all the features categorised by the amount of eaten bait, I'd
like to generate a continuous picture or the pest controlled area by
interpolating the values between the recorded places. The idea is
debatable on a theoretical point of view (why the bait uptake would be
continuous?), but the final raster map is easier to visualise and a good
advocate of the field work done.
Thus the need of the IWD interpolation. We started doing it many years
ago with ArcGIS and it was very easy to do it. As a fervent advocate of
qGIS, I'm trying to do the same but with a lot of struggles and failures
at the moment ...

If anyone has tried to do the same thing or has any ideas how to do it
with qGIS, it would be very welcome ;o) Please keep in mind we are not
IT people ...
I'm on windows8 pro 64bits with qgis 2.18.10 ...
Laurence