[Qgis-user] GeoJSON Dropping Nulls

Michele M Tobias mmtobias at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 7 09:16:18 PDT 2017

I'm seeing some strange behavior working with geojson files in newer versions of QGIS (2.18.9 and 2.18.10, but not 2.18.6) with GDAL 2.2.0 (but not 2.1.3). When I use "save as" saving to geojson or edit a geojson file and save the edits, any null values disappear.  This is particularly a problem for a project I'm working on where I need to keep a standard attribute table and fill in nulls for any missing values to be updated in later.  I have more details about the problem here, including example files: https://github.com/UCDavisLibrary/ava/issues/270 It's not GDAL alone that's causing the problem - I tried saving a file into geojson in the osgeo4w shell with ogr2ogr and it didn't cause the same problem.

Thanks for your help!

Michele

Michele Tobias, PhD
GIS Data Curator