[Qgis-user] No features in a PostGIS layer - LIMIT 0?

Rob Shepherd rgshepherd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 02:53:53 PDT 2017

Hi,

I cannot get QGIS to load any features from a PostGIS table.

The connection connects OK, I can see the table with the proposed layer and I fill in the geometry type and SRID.
But it always lists in the legend with feature-count=0

I have stumbled upon something that may be affecting this….

If I tinker with the query builder:

E.g.1 clause: ‘id is not null’ - this returns: “The where clause returned 0 row(s).”

not an error, but there are 7 records in this table, but moreover…...

E.g.2 clause literally: ’not_real_sql' - then I get the message:

“An error occurred when executing the query.
The data provider said:
ERROR: column "not_real_sql" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM “myschema"."routes" WHERE not_real_sql LIMIT 0”

Notice the LIMIT 0!

Why is this in the query? surely the clause test button should be reporting how many records are found with this clause, but is in fact forced to zero.

Maybe this SQL is in play elsewhere which is why I see no features ….

Maybe this is a red-herring….  but thanks for any pointers…

Rob

QGIS version
2.14.15-Essen
QGIS code branch