[Qgis-user] Confirming Problem Importing Geopackage Data?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jun 7 04:15:22 PDT 2017

On mercredi 7 juin 2017 13:09:53 CEST Tobias Wendorff wrote:
> Am Di, 6.06.2017, 22:11 schrieb Even Rouault:
> > Renaming the layers in ArcMap probably fixed the case inconsistency.
> >
> > Fixed per https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6916
>
> I don't know, if .gpkg allows UTF8 characters in column name.
> Doesn't lower() introduce problems with UTF8? Some characters might
> turn into a different notation? Don't know exactly, just want to
> give a hint ;)

Indee from https://sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html#lower ,
"The lower(X) function returns a copy of string X with all ASCII characters converted to lower
case. The default built-in lower() function works for ASCII characters only."
it is not very clear what happens when non ASCII characters are encountered.

Little experiment :

$ sqlite3
sqlite> select lower('EéE');
eée

So apparently it lets non-ASCII UTF-8 characters unchanged, so I think using lower() should be
safe

Even

http://www.spatialys.com