[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] Geodesic Measure Tool With Bearing Information

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jun 14 14:53:14 PDT 2017

On jeudi 15 juin 2017 07:41:06 CEST Nyall Dawson wrote:

> >> I'd start with the bearing changes (since they are self contained, and
> >> the methods for calculating bearing are already present in the QGIS
> >> api). Then using geographiclib could be discussed as a separate set of
> >> changes, to be decided on its own merit. If you mix these two changes
> >> it's likely to get bogged down as one or other part of the changes are
> >> debated.
> >
> > Ok.
>
> This looks relevant:
>
> https://github.com/sourcepole/kadas-albireo/commit/df64318e5198f40f0e96d27fc
> f9e179fbbf682fd
>
> There's a lot of unrelated changes in there, but it also shows the
> basics for using geographiclib within the QGIS c++ code.

Note that at least since proj 4.9.0, Charles Karney has ported its geodesic code from
geographiclib in C (since proj.4 is C only) and the header is normally installed with proj-dev
package (I've just checked on my Ubuntu 16.04 with proj 4.9.2. I see it is also available in
OSGeo4W):

https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/4.9.0/src/geodesic.h

Even