[Qgis-user] Split features tool behavior

Andreas Wicht a.wicht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 01:05:15 PDT 2017

Hi Bernhard,

I can consistently  produce a python error when splitting a Multipart
Feature and then clicking "No to all":

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'newGeoms' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Andreas.Wicht\.qgis2\python\plugins\DigitizingTools\tools\dtsplitfeature.py",
line 139, in digitizingFinished
    newFeatures = dtutils.dtMakeFeaturesFromGeometries(self.editLayer,
 aFeat,  newGeoms)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'newGeoms' referenced before assignment

Python version: 2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:44:16) [MSC v.1500 64
bit (AMD64)]
QGIS version: 2.18.9 Las Palmas, 3a16a4e

Is that case maybe not covered properly or should I search for causes on my end?

On 19 June 2017 at 08:28, Bernhard Ströbl <bernhard.stroebl at jena.de> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> the color is currently defined in the code. I did not find any setting to
> apply. AFAIK only selection color can be defined by the user, but it might
> be misleading if you have a selected feature and then have split parts
> colored exactly the same. - Wait a minute I just found the "Highlight
> color". That would probably work. Will check.

Okay. Thank you!