[Qgis-user] QGIS install with OSGeo4W issue

Guillaume HUBY guillaume.huby at geosys.com
Thu Jun 22 07:53:38 PDT 2017

Hello,

I tried to update a previous QGIS install made using OSGeo4W 64bits to 2.18.9-1 release.

Yet the installer fails to complete the install of the package qgis-common with a message saying that library gdal201.dll is missing. Now QGIS fails to start with the same message.

This library is not in folder C:\OSGeo4W64\bin. In this folder, I could find gdal200.dll and gdal202.dll.

The installed release of GDAL installed with OSGeo4W is 2.2.0-6.

Could you please help finding what goes wrong? Did I miss something?

Do not hesitate to ask if further information is required to understand the issue.

Regards,
Guillaume.