[Qgis-user] QGIS loaded millions of entries

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 18:49:33 PST 2017

On 4 March 2017 at 05:39, Tobias Wendorff
<tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm using QGIS 2.18.3 (Windows 7, 64bit with 16 GB of RAM).
>
> I've loaded a PostgreSQL table with more than 3 * 10^6 entries.
> When accesing the attributes, QGIS downloads all the attributes!
> QGIS first gets instable and crashes afterwards.
>
> Actually, it would be more useful to download only the attributes,
> which are in the current view.
>
> Is there an option for this or is it a bug/missing feature?

Yep - it's really annoying for large layers. If you go to settings ->
options -> data sources you can change "attribute table behaviour" to
"show features visible on map". That'll help a bit.

I've got changes incoming which also improve the performance if you
have the "show selected features" option enabled
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4164).

Nyall