[Qgis-user] QGIS loaded millions of entries

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Mar 4 02:35:03 PST 2017

On 04/03/2017 10:58, Tobias Wendorff wrote:

> Am Sa, 4.03.2017, 10:38 schrieb Nathan Woodrow:
>>> If you go to settings -> options -> data sources you can change
>> "attribute table behaviour" to "show features visible on map"
>>
>> That means it will only request what you see in the map.
> Yeah, that's totally fine right now. Thanks for help :)
> But for future, a staged approach would really be better.
I have been thinking of threaded loading with a configurable maximum
number of features to be shown as a first step.

That is

 * open the attribute table empty (no loading progress bar)
 * features start appearing automatically (an icon indicates that it's
busy loading)
 * change the filter (expression, selection, canvas...) while loading or
not: cancel, empty, restart
 * change the sort order: cancel empty restart

Part 2 (not putting that on high priority)

 * Paging (possibly using infinite scroll)

Bests
Matthias