[Qgis-user] Limit to Geodatabase File Size?

Parker, Jonathon jparker at ispatechnology.com
Tue Mar 7 11:30:13 PST 2017

New user to QGIS here.  Went through some tutorials, had ESRI experience in
distance past.  Starting a demonstration project using data from the US
Census Bureau https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/tiger.html

I successfully added shapefiles and small geodatabases
ftp://ftp2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TGRGDB16// as layers.  When I tried the
same process with a large geodatabase (tlgdb_2016_a_us_edges.gdb), it did
not render. The feature count was reported as 0.  I contacted the US Census
bureau and they verified it was not corrupted and worked on ESRI products.

Is there a size limit that prevents QGIS from working with large files?
The table in the geodatabase is 13GB.