[Qgis-user] Limit to Geodatabase File Size?

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Tue Mar 7 17:49:17 PST 2017

I am using QGIS 2.14.3 Win64 version.
I downloaded 100MB Missouri geodatabase that expanded
to 168MB and worked perfectly and instantaneously.

Then I downloaded 2.1GB Roads geodatabase that expanded
to 3.58GB and it worked perfectly too.  After turning
on labels for all roads, panning over a large area required
about 12 seconds to fully render the drawing.  Not too
bad in my opinion.

Opening the attribute table took 3.6 minutes:
9 million records after 1 minute
14 million records after 2 minute
18.5 million records after 3 minute
~20 million records after 3.6 minute - fully open

Doing an expression filter on the attribute table does
take a very long time.  More than 5 minutes.  I got
tired of waiting and shut it down.

Am I right that the Lines geodatabase has address info
for the whole country?  I may get that one soon.

Mike