[Qgis-user] QGIS conversion of .shp to .kml

Mark Polczynski mhp.techforge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 11:06:15 PST 2017

When you use QGIS to save a shapefile as KML, the KML file attribute table
has Name, description, timestamp, begin, end, altitudeMode, tessellate,
extrude, visibility drawOrder, and icon fields.  Including these fields in
the shape file fills these fields in the KML file, but it seems that the
KML file itself stores everything but Name and description as SimpleData in
a SimpleField.  The problem for me is that begin and end don’t activate the
time slider bar when you open the KML file in GoogleEarth.  So, is there
any way to get QGIS to produce this KML statement when converting a shape
file to KML:

I can do this by hand, but it would be great if QGIS would do it.  Thanks
for any advice!

Mark Polczynski

--
Mark Polczynski