[Qgis-user] processing script vs. processing plugin (Ari Jolma)

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at netscape.net
Mon Mar 13 07:23:48 PDT 2017

This is very helpful. I will take a look at the Perl provider plugin to
understand better what its role is.

I think without the plugin it is still possible to construct a perl command
line, Popen it, and read back the output from within a regular python
processing script but much less convenient. Although it may be possible to
write a python package with commonly used functionality to make this
approach also convenient (import perlprocessing).

It looks there are quite​ a few other processing scripts on GitHub by
others which are not in QGIS-Processing. So it may make sense to have a
list decoupled from qgis but still curated depending on how responsively
QGIS-Processing is managed, eg. how PRs are accepted.

-Andreas