[Qgis-user] Alternative labels on each iteration?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Mar 17 13:40:57 PDT 2017

Am Fr, 17.03.2017, 21:37 schrieb RĂ©gis Haubourg:
> I can't agree more here, QGIS is already really powerful. And..

Waaaiit ... I didn't mean cartography in QGIS is bad or not useful.
It's not useful for the corporations, I've worked with, since they
need to power, ArcGIS gives them.

One of the big features of ArcGIS (and Mapnik & Mapserver) are
alternative and multiline labels. This is needed for automatic or
semi-automatic cartography.

Since I've developed a way, how to shorten label the automatic way
for ArcGIS, Mapnik and Mapserver, I'm missing this feature in QGIS.
I love working with QGIS and telling other people, how to use it.

I'd never go back to ArcGIS again. Okay, I'd buy the $100 home version
to play with its new features... but I like QGIS and OpenSource.