[Qgis-user] MS SQL Server SQL Query

Mike Smith mike at hsm.org.uk
Sat Mar 25 02:55:38 PDT 2017

Hi

I see I can pull in spatial MS SQL data via the Layer menu, although this only appears to support single tables (spatial or non-spatial). DBManager doesnt appear to support MSSQL (although not having used it, Im not sure if I can can a query against a remote DB).

What I need to do is run a SQL query (with multiple joins) against an MS SQL server to pull in an attribute table which I will then join in QGIS.

Can I do this or do I need to round trip via a CSV?

thanks
---
Mike Smith