[Qgis-user] QGIS logo material & visual style guide

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Mar 30 14:02:25 PDT 2017

Hi Anita,

I just was about to print the new logo on a bag and realized another bug:
The SVG provided is NOT the one seen on the PNG picture! The "3D effect"
is missing.

My 2 cents: Actually, such pseudo 3D logos aren't modern anymore. All of
the big corporations (f.e. Microsoft, Google, Facebook) use flat designs.

Furthermore, the SVG was designed using Adobe Illustrator. Sure, AI is
the industry standard, but shouldn't we drop this line and keep it clean?
There might be discussions like "Why didn't you use Inkscape?" etc.
I think, that's what should be called "OSS responsibility" ;)

And the last problem: Who's the designer and which copyright is the logo
in? The website is under CC BY-SA 3.0, but this means that the holder of
the copyright wants (and needs) to be known. If he doesn't want to be
known, we should drop the BY attribute.

Best regards,
Tobias