[Qgis-user] R.sun and the irradiation calc

Pedro Alcoba Gómez pedralcg at gmail.com
Fri May 5 04:15:19 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the calculation of irradiation for a study area in
QGIS.

This calculation was performed using the GRASS r.sun model integrated in
QGIS.

As input data I use an MDE, and a layer of slopes (in degrees) and
orientations calculated from the MDE.

After performing in analysis, and comparing the irradiation data for the
month of January and August, I get higher levels for January.

The study area is located in the southwest of Spain EPSG: 25830 ETRS1989 30N

In my opinion the result is unreal, since the highest irradiation rates
obtained in the northern hemisphere correspond to the summer months. Does
anyone have any idea that it may be going wrong?

A greeting and thanks in advance

--
Atte. Pedro Alcoba Gómez