[Qgis-user] Snapping: Move Features vs Node Tool

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue May 30 06:52:55 PDT 2017

A question.

In an attempt to help a client I'm doing some data cleanup - which is
good. I spend too much time talking and not enough doing. I need to
snap points to the endpoints of lines. If I set snapping up and use the
move features tool the point doesn't snap to the line. If I move the
point using the node tool the point snaps to the line.

I've been looking for an option or something to change. I'm not seeing
one. Is this expected behavior? To me it would make more sense for both
tools to snap data - but I may be missing something. If I add data, the
data snaps as I would expect it. The good people I'm helping
immediately started moving data and it didn't snap - and I've
instructed them to use the node tool to make the edits.

QGIS 2.18.9 - Linux

Thanks
Randy

--