[Qgis-user] Split features tool behavior

Andreas Wicht a.wicht at gmail.com
Wed May 31 02:15:06 PDT 2017

Hi Bernhard

On 31 May 2017 at 10:53, Bernhard Ströbl <bernhard.stroebl at jena.de> wrote:
> Andreas,
> when loading your shape file into a new project the project is set to
> EPSG:4326 because your data are in EPSG:4326
> Your screenshots indicate that you are working in another projection.In

That was just for a better visualisation for the screenshots (OTF reprojecting).

> EPSG:4326 split parts works flawlessly, when I use a projection I get the
> invalid geometries error.

I can reproduce the same result as before working natively in EPSG:4326.

> In my experience you should edit geometries in a project matching the
> projection of the data, although editing projected geometries is not
> prohibited by QGIS.

Which exact steps do you follow to cut off an area like that with the
split parts tool?
I can reproduce the invalid geometry no matter if topological editing
is enable or disabled.
So this setting can be excluded from the list of scapegoats.

Andreas