[Qgis-user] Raster pixel size metadata missing in 2.99/3.0?

George Roth George.Roth at npolar.no
Mon Nov 6 23:15:18 PST 2017

Hi All,

Hopefully this is an appropriate place to ask this. I'm following 2.99/3.0 development closely, making sure our project will be forwards-compatible.

In 2.18 (and all previous 2.x versions that I remember) you could view a raster's pixel size/resolution in Layer Properties > Metadata.

In 2.99, this type of information has been moved to Layer Properties > Information, and includes all the usual items like extent, units, CRS... but no pixel size. Of course I can measure or calculate pixels manually, or run gdalinfo in a terminal, but that seems like unnecessary work for such a fundamental piece of information. I don't expect our project's end users to do something like that either.

So... is the pixel size entry for rasters truly missing in 2.99, or is it hidden somewhere so obvious that I have no way of actually finding it?

Thanks,

George Roth
Quantarctica Project Coordinator
Norwegian Polar Institute