[Qgis-user] WMS Services dropping

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Nov 7 23:06:59 PST 2017

On 07-11-17 20:16, Tyler Veinot wrote:
> Hello;
> Having some trouble with WMS Layers, they are dropping after certain
> scales. I thought it had something to do with the service but others
> using the same service on QGIS 2.16.x say they can zoom in to 1:1 and
> the WMS layer still draws. Mine will stop drawing in past 1:130. Also
> the NRCan Topographic WMS stops drawing in past 1:1000. I tried a number
> of different settings with no change and am wondering if anyone has come
> across this before and if there is a solution?

Hi Tyler,

I cannot reproduce this (for example with wms below and layer
'gemeenten', either epsg:28992 or epsg:4326, in master and 2.18):

WMS
https://geodata.nationaalgeoregister.nl/bestuurlijkegrenzen/ows?SERVICE=WMS&
gemeenten

As long as the server returns images, qgis goes below 1:1 with those
service.

Isn't it possible that the services has this scale limits?

Can you sent some URL's so people can test?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde