[Qgis-user] Search overall several layers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Oct 14 02:19:22 PDT 2017

On 14-10-17 07:52, Pat Hin wrote:
> Good morning
>
> i have several layers in attribute tables over them i would like to run a
> serach for a specific ID. I.e. to find in which of this tables the feature
> with this given ID is saved.
> Is there an easy way to do this by standard tools from QGIS GUI?

Hi Pat,

well... you coud try out QGIS3  :-)

it has this 'universal locator' functionality in which it is REALLY easy
to search for an id/attribute value in ONE layer at the moment. In 2.18
there is probably also a plugin for (anybody?), but I think it will
always be slower.

would be a nice addition/feature though, to let the locator run over all
layers...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde