[Qgis-user] workaround for bug on QGIS-DEV installation (qwt.dll)

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Sun Oct 15 14:04:39 PDT 2017

Hi there!

I've already reported the problem [1], just want to give you a summary.

I've just installed QGIS-DEV on a clean system (Windows 7, 64-bit).
After installation was finished, QGIS doesn't come up, but complains
about a missing "qwt.dll". The library was installed, so I've digged
a little bit deeper.

Simply locate "qwt6.dll" copy or name it to "qwt.dll" - done.

Best regards,
Tobias

[1] I've filed it as OSGeo4W bug, but it might be a QGIS compilation bug?