[Qgis-user] NTV2 Grid Shits

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 05:31:57 PDT 2017

Anyone knowledge in using grid shift files (gsb) with QGIS?
I have a local CRS NAD27 Double Stereographic Imperial that I need to
transform to NAD83 CSRS 2010 Epoch. I have the CRS properly defined using
the provincial description but QGIS using its Clark 1866 to GRS80
transformation puts the points a little off from the NTV2 coordinate
transformation software we have. I have the GSB used (even though it says
ATS77 the provincial geomatics guys tell me it shits NAD27 and ATS77 into
CSRS 2010 NAD83). I followed some directions on putting the file in a
specific folder and restarted QGIS set the settings to always ask for grid
shift file for transformations yet I do not see the one I put in there in
my list to pick from.
I also tried to install a plugin for NTV2 transformations but cannot
activate it. When I go to Activate Additional Providers in my Processing
Toolbox where NTv2 Datum Transformations resides I get the "Specified Path
does not exist: C:\PROGA~1\QGIS~1.18\bin" error that I have not yet managed
to resolve. To my understanding has something to do with GRASS plugins and
past versions of QGIS.
Anyway; I have the GSB, how do I get QGIS to use it?
Thanks
Tyler