[Qgis-user] running qgis Docker container on Mac?

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-5860) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Fri Oct 20 11:21:09 PDT 2017

Has anyone gotten the latest qgis/qgis Docker container to work on Mac?

I'm on a MacBook Air running 10.11.6. I am running Docker  17.09.0-ce.  I have been trying to get QGIS installed on my machine (without having to muck around with my Qt dirs), so I tried the containerized route.  I downloaded qgis/qgis from hub.docker.com.  When I run it, though, I get an immediate exit:

> > docker run qgis/qgis
> > /bin/sh: 1: /root/QGIS/.ci/travis/linux/docker-build-test.sh: not found
> > echo $?
> > 127

Inspecting the container, I see the offending command:
>             "Cmd": [
>                 "/bin/sh",
>                 "-c",
>                 "/root/QGIS/.ci/travis/linux/docker-build-test.sh"
>             ],

Then looking at the QGIS master branch’s Dockerfile, https://issues.qgis.org/projects/qgis/repository/revisions/master/entry/.docker/Dockerfile

I see it again at the bottom.

I tried submitting a bug report, but it was rejected as not being a QGIS problem.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
—
Christopher Lynnes   NASA/GSFC    301-614-5185
""Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”  A. de St. Exupery