[Qgis-user] How to create a spatial view with spatialite-gui?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Oct 23 12:48:44 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am trying to create a spatial view in spatialite-gui.
The not funny thing is: It doesn't work.

For you to test:
Just import a layer from QGIS into a spatialite database.
Connect to the database in spatialite-gui.
Right-click on the DB and start the  "Query/View Composer"

Tab Main:
Select your layer in "Main Table" an mark all displayed columns.
Tab View:
Just skip tother tabs and simply replicate you layer as a spatial view by
selecting "Create Spatial View"[could be used as a GIS Layer".
The input to select the geometry column (in my case "geom", which was also
selected in the Main Tab) get active, so select it.
Give a name to your new view, and the SQL statement should be ready by now.

Click OK.

Result:
The created view lacks all spatial stuff and imports into QGIS as a dumb
table.

I remember having tried this years ago already, searching the web high and
low for answers, but it hard to find a lot about spaialite at all.

Is this all a bug or just a feature or am I just too stupid to see the
obvious?

Any hints and references to useful documtes highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang