[Qgis-user] NTV2 Grid Shits

stevejking stevejking at talktalk.net
Tue Oct 24 07:53:19 PDT 2017

Last I checked QGIS 2.14 ignored any +geoidgrid=
But it works fine in various stand alone Proj4 tools.

Alternatively, any nadgrids and any geoidgrids files will open in QGIS as
raster grids, so you can use them that way too. For example A gsb file will
be multi band, latitude shift, longitude shift (usually arc seconds of a
degree), and two error values usually set to zero. And for example a GTX
file will be a grid of vertical shifts usually to the WGS84 or GRS80
ellipsoid. Both grid files need to be realised on the CRS native ellipsoid
in latlong coordinates, ie. not necessarily on WGS84 ellipsoid. Note some
nadgrids files are produced in the reverse direction, but proj4 assumes
shifts are to WGS84 from the CRS ellipsoid.

Steve

Siki Zoltan wrote