[Qgis-user] Debugging models?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Oct 31 13:35:09 PDT 2017

Hi folks,

I have to admit: I gave up using the modeller a while ago cause it was too
buggy and with version changes, the models often did not load or were
broken.

So most of the time it was an investment of time which did not turn out at
all (besides that by re-re-recreating the models, I learned my workflows
by heart).

Now I gave it a new try by trying to help someone else who has quite big
model, which does not work any more:

"The selected model could not be loaded. See log for more information"

Questions:
Where can I find more detailed information about how the modeller works?
Does anyone know the mechanism how the model is inspected before being
loaded?
Where do I find the mentioned log for the details?

I tried to look for something obvious in the file using jedit and the
sidekick plugin where a json parser for the first time gave me an idea
about how those files are structured in a human readable way.

Web searches did not give me any answers. Seems most people solve those
issues silently or simply give up like I did a while ago.

So, anyone with only the smallest knowledge about toubleshooting models,
please step up.

P.S. Model in a zip

Cheers
Bernd