[Qgis-user] Building QGIS >= 2.18.12 on Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya - with Oracle provider?

GregStef gregstef0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 01:16:15 PDT 2017

I mainly use QGIS to connect to 8 Oracle DBs and work on a dataset of about
200 spatial tables, each one having 1.5 - 26 mil. rows of fairly complex
polygons. It's a production system (all but 2 DBs) and I've being using
Oracle OCI (or thin client with some tools) from the start - 9 years now (I
also use other tools for spatial SQL).

All these years I was working on Windows and I had no problem with QGIS
supporting Oracle.
That's why I haven't ever needed to consider ODBC or anything else - so, I
really have no clue as to how ODBC compares to OCI/thin (in terms of
functionality and speed, mainly). I guess it's worth investigating. I'll
give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the tip!