[Qgis-user] OpenLayersPlugin - QGIS crashes using satellite pictures

Nicole Stoffels stoffels at f2e.de
Thu Sep 28 00:33:17 PDT 2017

Dear QGIS-users,

we have some issues with the satellite pictures within the OpenLayers
Plugin. The maps are displayed normally. But if we choose Google
Satellite or Bing Aerial, QGIS crashes without any error messages.

If you search the web, the use of QuickMapServices is recommended.
Unfortunately QuickMapServices does not offer real satellite pictures.

Does anyone have similar problems or even a solution?

We are using QGIS 2.14.11-Essen on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Nicole Stoffels