[Qgis-user] Working with geopackages in Qgis

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 05:07:07 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Stéphane Henriod <s at henriod.info> wrote:

> Hi again Alessandro
>
> One short feedback already (2.99): when I *right-click - Create new
> database* in the browser, I still need to specify a new layer as well.
> Would be great to be able to create an empty database as well
>
> I don't see this as a bug, so not sure if opening a ticket is necessary?

No, it's not a bug: I just recycled the pre-existing dialog to create
geopackages (with at least one layer), my changes were limited to pre-fill
the path to the existing DB when opened from an existing connection.

You can fill a ticket as an enhancement, I agree that it would be
desireable to be able to create an empty gpkg, BTW the easy workaround here
is to create a single layer and immediately delete id with a right-click
from the browser.

Cheers