[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.2.0 Layer Style issue

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Wed Aug 1 06:58:13 PDT 2018

Afternoon all,
I have ran into a little issue in styling on QGIS 3.2.1.
I have a line style ceated for a road network, what I want it to do is display the Lines and Labels between, say, 1:2,000,000 and 1:20,001 and from 1:20000 to 1:500 just the Labels.
I have used Rule based styling to create a style, with separate overlapping Scale Ranges, which works perfectly for 1:2,000,000 to 1:20,001, but once the Lines (Symbology) disappear, so do the Labels.
If I reset the Scale range on the Symbology (Have no restrictions, the Labels work as required, all the way to 1:500.
It seems that even though I have separate scale ranges set for both the symbology and the labels, once the symbols switch off so does the labels.
Is there a way for me to do what I want without having to duplicating the network layer, so as I have a separate Symbols layer and Label Layer.
Any help appreciated.
Regards,

Richard.

OPW - Ag féachaint don am atá le teacht - Ag caomhnú ón am atá thart
OPW - Looking to the future - Caring for the past