[Qgis-user] Install ver. 2.14 and 3.2 on the same computer

Maria Shinoto maria at shinoto.de
Thu Aug 2 04:14:24 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am new to QGIS and installed version 3.2 in the beginning, with GDAL, GRASS 7, etc. in their newest incarnations.

Now I cooperate with people who use the Japanese version 2.14 on Windows (I am on a Mac), and together with older versions of GDAL and GRASS 7 (I suppose) and mathplotlib.

On the other hand, I have already started working with version 3.2, which works nice for my project.

So I would like to keep both versions on my Mac.

I cannot find any information about the parallel use of GRASS, GDAL in different versions, or whether I can use the newest versions with 2.14 as well. And I cannot find informations whether I harm version 3.2 when I install mathplotlib.

Since there are additional problems with Japanese encodings etc., I would like to reduce the potential of trouble in the first place, there is a lot that seems to go wrong.

Python 2.x and 3.x is of course not problem.

Thanks for any hint reg.

- GDAL
- GRASS
- mathplotlib