[Qgis-user] Support for DWG?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Aug 2 05:53:01 PDT 2018

Hi Micha,

This is already implemeted quite a long time ago. You have to use Menu
"Project" --> "Import/Export" --> "Import Layers from DWG/DXF".

What it does: it imports the DWG/DXF into a geopackage and tries to keep
styling and labeling as good as possible. DXF blocks are converted to
SVGs. It should work fine in general, but of course there can be issues.

The major thing I am still missing is an easy way to georeference
vectors in QGIS, since many DWG/DXFs use a local coordinate system.

Could you please report back if it works fine for you?

Greetings,
Andreas