[Qgis-user] qgis 3 on CentOS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Aug 3 02:31:30 PDT 2018

Hi Valentin,

Thank you for reporting this. The repository unfortunately no longer
exists and packages for QGIS 3 where never available there. The link
will be removed from the download page.

I am not sure if there is an alternative repository that offers it.

The situation with CentOS is often complicated because it has a long
lifetime and libraries used by QGIS are often old and outdated. I think
it *should* be possible to get it up and running with someone who is
able to compile, but if you have a choice, I would recommend to use
another distribution with Qt 5.10 or newer.

All the best
Matthias