[Qgis-user] Problem with qgis.org/debian repo

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:04:36 PDT 2018

On a Debian testing (buster) machine, I have the following problem to
install qgis3
(only qgis2 available in standard Debian repos afaik)

After including
deb https://qgis.org/debian buster main
deb-src https:://qgis.org/debian buster main

in /etc/apt/sources.list
and running
~$ sudo aptitude update

I get:

E: The repository 'https://qgis.org/debian buster Release' does not
have a Release file.
E: Failed to download some files
W: Failed to fetch https://qgis.org/debian/dists/buster/Release:
Undetermined Error
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

Despite the error, it seems it somehow works: before modifying sources.list
and running aptitude update, Synaptic indicated that the latest version was:
qgis 2.18.21+dfsg-2 not adding qgis repo
while Synaptic indicates
qgis 1:3.2.1+15buster after adding the qgis repo

Nevertheless, I'd rather prefer understanding the error issued by
aptitude before the acutal installation.

Thanks

Agus