[Qgis-user] Map Matching

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 06:01:25 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I noticed, that there is no easy way for Matching a trajectory with a network using QGIS. I did not found any plugin for that task and stackoverflow and gis stackexchange are full with not really solved questions about this topic. Because of this I created a QGIS Plugin for an offline map matching:
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/Offline-MapMatching/

I used a statistical approach with a Hidden Markov Model and the Viterbi algorithm. Further information can be found on my GitHub site:
https://github.com/jagodki/Offline-MapMatching

Maybe the plugin can be useful for some people.

Sincerely,
Christoph